The 8th International Symposium on Pedagogical Lexicography and L2 Teaching and Learning will be hosted by Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU) under the sponsorship of the ChinaLex Bilingual Committee in September 2022.
All experts and scholars are cordially invited to attend the Symposium. Please kindly take note of the following details.
I. Theme of the Symposium
Lexicography and dictionary use in the era of convergence media
1. Big data and lexicography in the context of convergence media, including but not limited to the concept and practice of dictionary compilation, innovative ways and forms of dictionary compilation.
2. Bilingual dictionaries and L2 teaching and learning in the context of convergence media, including but not limited to theoretical construction and applications of dictionary-integrated foreign language pedagogy, integration of digital dictionaries and foreign language pedagogy, explorations in the innovative compilation of pedagogical dictionaries, and the history of pedagogical dictionaries for foreign language teaching.
3. The use of bilingual dictionaries in the context of convergence media, including but not limited to the necessity of research on the use of bilingual dictionaries, the needs and habits of dictionary users, how dictionaries facilitate language learning, research on dictionary-using skills, and dictionary reviews from the perspective of users.
Note: The working language(s) of the Symposium will be English and/or Chinese. An exhibition will be dedicated to lexicographical works and achievements in research, and Best Papers will be honored. Publishers and research institutions are welcome to display their lexicographical works and achievements, in print or digital.
III. Keynote Speeches To Be Invited
1. Lexicography in the era of convergence media (Lexicographer)
2. Bilingual dictionaries and L2 teaching and learning in the context of convergence media (Expert in applied linguistics)
3. An overview of research on the use of digital bilingual dictionaries (Leading scholar from home or abroad)
IV. Timeline for Abstracts and Full Papers
1. Deadline for abstract submission: June 5, 2022
2. Notification of abstract acceptance: July 1, 2022
3. Deadline for full paper submission: August 15, 2022 (Applicable to those who wish to compete for Best Papers)
V. Guidelines for Submissions
1. Your abstract is expected to be written in either Chinese or English, in no more than 300 words.
2. Your abstract shall also include: the title of your paper; 3-5 key words; and your full name, affiliation(s), address, email, and phone number.
3. Please submit your abstract to email@example.com (SUBJECT LINE ‘Author + Abstract’) no later than June 5, 2022.
4. The organizing committee of the Symposium will organize the review of abstracts by experts, and will send formal invitations to the selected authors by July 1, 2022, informing them of further details of the Symposium. Recipients of a formal invitation are expected to submit their full papers by August 15, 2022.
5. Please limit your full paper to 7,000 Chinese characters (typed in Song, font size 5), or 5,000 English words (typed in Times New Roman, font size 12), single-spaced and each page numbered.
6. For the reference style of your paper, please refer to the Lexicographical Studies.
VI. Dates and Duration
The Symposium is to be held in mid to late September 2022, with a duration of 2 days (including the registration day). Due to COVID-19 restrictions, however, the form of the Symposium is yet to be determined. We will let you know as soon as possible once it is fixed.
Ms. Shen and Ms. Wang
ChinaLex Bilingual Committee
Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press, Beijing Foreign Studies University