The 7th International Symposium on
Pedagogical Lexicography and L2 Teaching and Learning
(6-8 November 2020/Huaqiao University, China)
Web Site: https://flc.hqu.edu.cn/; https://cdx.gdufs.edu.cn
Call Deadline: 30 July 2020
First Call for Paper is available at: https://flc.hqu.edu.cn/info/1390/9156.htm.
The 7th International Symposium on Pedagogical Lexicography and L2 Teaching and Learning is sponsored by Chinalex Bilingual Commission, the Commercial Press, Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press, Shanghai Foreign Language Education Press, and Shanghai Translation Publishing House, which are the leading lexicographical research and publishing institutions in China. It will be held on 6-8 November 2020 in Quanzhou, China, at the College of Foreign Languages, Huaqiao University.
The 7th International Symposium on Pedagogical Lexicography and L2 Teaching and Learning (PL<L 2020) aims to attract contributions concerning the intersection of lexicography and L2 teaching and learning. Topics of the Symposium include but are not limited to:
1. (Country-specific) learner’s dictionary research, compiling and publishing in the age of media convergence
2. Digital and multimodal dictionaries for L2 teaching and learning
3. Digital and multimodal technology in developing learner's dictionaries
4. Corpus and pedagogical lexicography
5. Dictionaries, cultures and ideologies: Lexicographical theory and practice
English and/or Chinese
Confirmed Speakers (More will be announced at a later date):
Sven Tarp (Aarhus University, Denmark)
Pedro Fuertes-Olivera（University of Valladolid, Spain）
Lise Fontaine （Cardiff University, UK）
Yukio Tono（Tokyo University, Japan）
Rufus H. Gouws (Stellenbosch University, South Africa)
Ms. Jessie Zixi Jin
Phone: +86-595-22692352; +86 18965526815;
Dr. Wenge Chen
Deadlines for Abstract and Full Paper Submission
30 July 2020: Deadline for abstract submission
15 September 2020: Notification of abstract acceptance
15 September 2020: Deadline for full paper submission (Applicable to competitors for Best Conference Papers Award）
Guidelines for Submissions:
1. Abstracts should be written either in English or in Chinese, of no more than 300 words in length.
2. The abstract should include the following information: title of paper, full name of the author(s), affiliation, correspondence address, e-mail address, and phone number.
3. Abstracts (following the abstract template) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30 July 2020, and notifications of acceptance will be sent before 15 September 2020.
4. Manuscripts of accepted papers should not exceed 7,000 words (in Chinese) and 5,000 words (in English), and should be typed in Times New Roman, font size 12, single-spaced, each page numbered.
5. The reference style of accepted papers should follow the style of International Journal of Lexicography.
6. The registration form and the paper abstract should be sent as an attachment to email@example.com. Additionally, to facilitate building the symposium database, all participants are kindly asked to type their entry details into an Excel document, and send it as a separate attachment to the same email. All documents can be downloaded from our web site: https://flc.hqu.edu.cn and https://cdx.gdufs.edu.cn.
Venue for Meeting, Registration, and Accommodation, Traffic Information, and Registration Fees：
Please see the 1st CFP here: https://flc.hqu.edu.cn/info/1390/9156.htm.
College of Foreign Languages
Note on the COVID-19 Pandemic
We are planning to make the event happen as scheduled, but we are also considering the possibilities of 1) turning PL<L-2020 into a virtual conference during the original dates, 2) postponing it and 3) cancelling it, depending on the development of the COVID-19 pandemic in China and around the world. We will let you know about the final decision prior to the scheduled date. We would like to assure future presenters that their work will be recognized.